Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday's Top 5... Guilty Pleasure Movies

#5: The Brady Bunch Movie


Trust me. This movie is hilarious at 2 o'clock in the morning. Jennifer Elise Cox is a genius.

#4: Save The Last Dance


He taught her to dance. She taught him... to love. What more do I need to say?

#3: A Knight's Tale


Paul Bettany should play Geoffrey Chaucer in everything. Brian Helgeland's gloriously anachronistic medieval adventure story is a great movie to watch on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

#2: Dirty Dancing


Nobody puts Baby in the corner. Dirty Dancing is a bad movie in a lot of ways and a totally awesome movie in a lot of other ways.

#1: Cruel Intentions


Cruel Intentions may be the 3rd best adaptation of Dangerous Liaisons to come out between 1988 and 1999, but it is also delicious.

3 comments:

Thaddeus said...

Wow, those totally are guilty pleasures. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Paul Bettany is a 1-man fun-fest in "aKT," so I get where you're coming from.

Of these, I'd say that "The BB Movie" is the only "good" film here. I've never seen "Save the Last Dance," but some of the dance flix aren't bad at all, so I won't judge...

"Cruel Intentions" seemed like Mena Suvari's character in "American Beauty" - lots of smoke, but no fire. Or maybe the better analogy is that creepy "9 year-old beauty pageant" thing: dressing a little kid up like a grown adult is just a frivolous waste of time.

Of course, my guilty pleasures aren't by Bergman, Kaufman or Aronofsky, so...

Vanessa said...

Oh, I haven't watched Cruel intentions in a long time. Now I really want to! :)

BRENT said...

I think we all have guilty pleasure movies! Some can be pure garbage and yet we watch them over and over.
One of mine is actually playing on telly night. It is the b-grade croc flick Lake Placid. It is awful and yet I have seen it countless numbers of times. It is so bad it is good, and alot of fun!!